[X4U] AirPort up and down, up and down

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Dec 29 09:13:13 PST 2004

My AirPort Extreme base station regularly goes unavailable (many
times a day). Multiple Macs attaching to it all see it disappear at
the same time. Other access points in the area (from other
manufacturers) continue to be available in the AirPort signal menu
bar. This also happens to a few of my clients who also have AirPorts.
My only fix that I can find is to unplug the AirPort and then plug it
back in a few moments later. This will most always be an immediate
fix but it may not last long.

Are others experiencing this also? Is this a firmware issue? Or is
this just a fact with many AirPorts?
--

Robert Ameeti

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.