[X4U] synching address book with phone

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 31 13:33:32 PST 2004

On Dec 31, 2004, at 5:31 pm, alexandre wrote:

> i have a sony ericsson k700i (great phone)phone that i sync via isync
> and bluetooth with my powerbook (10.3.7, everything up to date).
> everything goes well except for one thing: my company contacts (no
> name or first name) only appear as "..." on the phone and the
> corresponding phone number...

Just a datapoint - I have an Ericsson R520m, probably an older phone
than yours, and it does something similar.

All my synchronised contacts with only business names come out in the
format "., . Chinese Take-Away". If I have a contact with a full &
contact name it comes out in the format, "Smith, John Smith's Store".

I don't like the interface in the R520 - although it has loads more
features (Blueooth, GPRS, WAP) than my old only-a-phone Nokia, I don't
really use them much, and even texting is more of a pain. I think I
will probably replace the Ericsson in the new year - the only think
that's stopping me going back to my 5 year-old & very basic Nokia is
that I really like being able to sync contacts & text-message from my
Powerbook through bluetooth.

Stroller.