changing computer name; part of changing short name

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon Jul 5 01:36:09 PDT 2004

After previous discussion on this list (I believe it was this list), I
had occasion to use the ChangeShortName app. It worked--for the most
part, but I still have the old long name showing as the computer name
in the sidebar of the Panther 10.3.4 finder window, and as a heading in
the System Profiler window.

Is there a way to access and change the computer name in 10.3.4?

T, very much, IA.

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com

Centris 650 -> PowerCenter 132 -> Beige G3/233 DT -> Beige G4/466, and
now AGP Graphics G4/500