Configuring an App to Run as Root

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Thu Jul 1 15:35:01 PDT 2004

What is the most streamlined way to set up an application to run with root ownership while you are logged in as an administrative user? I know you can set this up with an application like Pseudo, but how would you do it directly? Simply changing the permissions to root ownership doesn't seem to accomplish it. I think because it's still looking for ancillary files such as preferences inside my user folder, while when I run via Psudo, it works properly, looking for the files downstream from /private/var/root.

Can someone please clarify?

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING