[X4U] Home Networking Questions ( Static IP verses DHCP)

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Jul 9 19:20:50 PDT 2004

On 7/8/04 5:19 PM, "Eddie Hargreaves" <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The AFP connection protocol is afp://username:password@IP.ADD.RES.S and I
> believe the SMB connection protocol is smb://Server/Share

 thank-you - this worked well for my Macintosh.  The only problem is that
now, after storing this setting under favorite servers, the password is
visible to others.  Is there any way to not visibly store the password in
this setting?

> If the OS X machine you're using to connect is in a different workgroup than
> your windows box, I believe that goes in there like
> smb://Workgroup/Server/Share

 I'm almost there ... Using your connection:
smb://Workgroup/Server/Share
 ... It almost got there, but then it showed the error

" the Finder can not complete the operation because some data could not be
read or written.  Error code = 36. "

 I tried it in upper case and also  - but this did not help

-  I also deleted all my passwords to this computer under key chain access -
but that did not help....

---  when I use the network tab in the Finder the  Windows computer does
show up fine however...

 any ideas?

> http://www.macwindows.com has more info, I'll bet.

 I did not see any solutions here ...  But good Web-site however

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]