[X4U] ATA/66

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sat Jul 10 22:16:54 PDT 2004

intech, makers of SpeedTools Utilities has a sw driver available that
overcomes the 137GB limit on internal ATA. See
http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.html

I found it in one of these list archives:
http://lists.themacintoshguy.com/Lists/

On Jul 10, 2004, at 10:04 PM, verduron wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2004, at 9:14 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>> My G4 can have two additional ATA/66 drives. When I looked at Fry's,
>>> it did not show ATA/66, but plenty of ATA/100.
>>> Shall I just use 100, which will work at 66's speed? Any help, would
>>> be most appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> I just realized something that none of us mentioned.  The odds are
>> you can only use drives up to a certain size (128GB IIRC, you can use
>> larger, you just won't be able to access them all).
>>
>> 		Zane
>>

> I was aware of that. Thanks.

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> TiCase   | Checkout the coolest way to carry your TiBook! Dr. Bott  |
> <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ticase.html>

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com