[X4U] ATA/66

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 04:04:36 PDT 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 1:16 AM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> intech, makers of SpeedTools Utilities has a sw driver available that
> overcomes the 137GB limit on internal ATA. See
> http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.html
>
> I found it in one of these list archives:
> http://lists.themacintoshguy.com/Lists/

 From Apple:
Support via the BootROM

The BootROM of Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors) computers and Xserve
computers can accommodate these larger drives, although Apple does not
provide technical support for user-installed upgrades in Xserve
computers via the built-in drive carriers.

I do not understand what this mean. When I bought a ATA/!133 160 GB
hard drive I installed a Sonnet card to get the full benefit. The above
notice was published after I made the installation.