[X4U] firewire drive error

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sun Jul 11 10:59:42 PDT 2004

try the drive test and repair panel in techtool Pro 4. Shut down and
then disconnect fw cable to problem drive and fw port, and reconnect it
to a different fw port on the computer (not a PCI card port, if
possible). Power up drive and then computer. See if this helps to mount
drive.

There are other possibilities but try these first.

On Jul 11, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Jan Melichar wrote:

> What I feared from time to time has happened. I cannot access one of
> my firewire which, as is the way with large drives has files on it
> which have not been backed up. 'You have inserted s disk containing no
> volume  that Max OX can read....' Plugging it into may portable, using
> a different cable has made  no difference. Disk Utility reports
> 'Catalogue file entry not found for extent' HELP
>
> Can anyone suggest a remedy?
>
> Jan

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> TiCase   | Checkout the coolest way to carry your TiBook! Dr. Bott  |
> <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ticase.html>

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com