[X4U] firewire drive error

drunk lists at drunkenbatman.com
Sun Jul 11 15:54:34 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:53:11 +0100, Jan Melichar wrote:
> What I feared from time to time has happened. I cannot access one of
> my firewire which, as is the way with large drives has files on it
> which have not been backed up. 'You have inserted s disk containing
> no volume  that Max OX can read....' Plugging it into may portable,
> using a different cable has made  no difference. Disk Utility reports
> 'Catalogue file entry not found for extent' HELP

You're probably going to need diskwarrior if your catalogue or volume headers have gotten borked. it was invaluable to me with earlier versions of osx which would corrupt firewire drives left and right... to get diskwarrior to see it i'd have to start it up, and then plug in the drive, and dismiss the finder error message... but then disk warrior could see it and repair its issues.

drunkenbatman ( there! )