[X4U] Locked Out!

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Jul 11 17:26:05 PDT 2004

I'd also recommend booting off your install CD and running Repair
Permissions from the Disk Utility.

That should cure a lot of your ills.

Cheers,

Coj

revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com>

 update:

I managed to log in as root.

- I got info on  the bad partitions and changed the group access to read
and
write -  this allowed me access under my main user name.
-  However - in the details area - I am not allowed to change either the
owner tab or the group tab - and it says an unexpected error occurred:
60002
-  If I attempt to move either tab  - the owner still says "unknown" - and
then I'm not able to change it with the error listed above.

-  is there any way to fix this - and reset the owner and group?

Thanks in advance for your  help - RevDave