[X4U] iTrip usage in the DFW metroplex area

Kevin Mantooth kevtooth at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 17:33:03 PDT 2004

I don't know what kind of commute you have, but I could never get the
iTrip to work well across Dallas.  I had a station somewhere around 90
that worked ok, but as I drove other stations would start to drift over
it.  By the time I got to the office (25 miles across town) there was a
good bit of static.  It worked ok for audio books, but never music.
I'm convinced the transmitter devices are pretty useless in large
metropolitan areas.

I have a 1Gen iTrip+iPod, however - - so maybe they've made some
improvements since then.  I've also heard one of the iTrip models has a
little wire taped down that you can loosen up to strengthen the signal.
  I think it was on the mini, but maybe yours has that too.  Of course,
I'd read the internet boards first to get the details and attempt at
your own risk.

If you find a good station, let me know what you end up with.

Kevin