help starting G4 (mirrored door) from CD

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Thu Jul 15 14:04:45 PDT 2004

sorry for the off topic post..
I'm trying to boot a G4 tower (one of the mirrored door types)  from a
MacOS9.1 install CD.

I've tried holding down the "C" key on restart.. and I've tried setting
the CD as the Start Up disk in the Start Up disk control.. but the
computer insists on starting up from it's internal hard drive... which
has a 9.2 system folder on it.

I've tried inserting the MacOS9.1 CD and restarting.. holding down the
option key to get the graphical interface for selecting a start up
device.. but only the internal hard drive shows up, and the MacOS9.1 CD
is not an option.

Any Suggestions ?

Kansas