[X4U] Printer Sharing problems

John Azevedo zoff at mac.com
Fri Jul 16 08:49:53 PDT 2004

> Looks like I'll need to get my hands on a crossover cable since the
> iMac doesn't support auto sensing.

You only need one of the computers to do auto sensing. I have connected
a PowerBook to iMac 400 DV with a straight cable. Have you checked,
Printer Setup Utility>Printers, on the mac that is connected to the
printer? Sometimes you have to select, Printers>Start Jobs, for the
printer to show up. I have the Epson C84 connected  to an iMac 400 DV
and a PowerBook via a router and occasionally I have to do this.