Printer Sharing Problems Resolved

Joe Grande mactek1 at mac.com
Sun Jul 18 10:48:56 PDT 2004

Thanks to Eddie, Jens, Mary, John and Jerry for your help in the
matter. As it turns out, on the Quicksilver, the Ethernet TCP/IP
setting in Network Preferences was set to manually obtain DHCP Server
from the D-Link. Change to obtain from DHCP server, apply now, BINGO!
Since the Internet connection is dial up, I didn't think to check there
first. If it was broadband, there obviously would be no connection to
the net and that would have been the first place I would have went to.
Like I said, probably something stupid I overlooked. Live and learn.
Hope this helps someone in the future if you are experiencing a similar
problem.

Joe