Won't rouse from sleep

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 25 14:04:35 PDT 2004

I sent the following message on 1st July.  Why has it come round on
25th, I wonder?

> From: Michel Treisman <treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk>
> Subject: Word 2004 problem
> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:21:02 +0100
>
> I don't like the standard toolbar lying up against the upper edge of
> the screen. My 17" TiBook has a screen that is wide but not high -
> having the toolbar up there it gets in the way.  In Office v.X there
> was a way to place the toolbar vertically at the side - much more
> convenient.
>
> But I have forgotten how I did it in v.X  (;-<)  and I can't find a way
> to do it in Word 2004. Microsoft Help says nothing about it.  Any one
> know how to do it?

But forget that.   Two hours ago my machine stopped working, while I
was away from my desk (17" TiBook). Nothing I could do roused it.  I
left it for an hour and tried again, and this time it started up.

Does anyone know what went wrong?  And is there a procedure one should
follow when this happens?
I want to be prepared for next time, it was a bit alarming. (:<>)

Mike