[X4U] Stolen iChat AIM Name

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 25 15:43:15 PDT 2004

  Thubten Kunga wrote:
Finally got a message back with the new password he changed it to. But
I still can't figure out how to change passwords. Anyone know?

 From the AIM Help:

You can change your password any time you are signed on to the AOL®
Instant Messenger™ service. Your password must contain between 4 and 16
characters.

  Warning: NEVER REVEAL YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE. Anyone who knows your
screen name and password can sign on to your account. America Online
employees will never ask for your password.

To change your password:

1. Select the AIM menu (or the Edit menu under Mac OS 9) and click My
Account Settings.

  2. Click the Sign On tab.

  3. Click on the click here next to "To change the password for this
account..."

  4. Verify your screenname in the Screenname field.

  5. Type your current password in the Current Password field.

  6. Type your new password in the New Password field, and retype it in
the Confirm New Password field to confirm the new password.

  7. Click Continue.

  8. Click Save to exit the Account Settings window.