[X4U] 160GB Firewire HD recommendations

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Jul 2 11:47:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:28:32AM -0700, Maris Avots wrote:
:
: I have recently begun moving my old tape cassettes to AIFF format and
: burning CD's. This is taking up all my drive space and I want to get a new
: external drive. I'm limited to about $160-$210 and have seen numerous 160GB
: Firewire drives in that range. Any recommendations?

There are so many of them on the market that it's hard (for me) to
recommend one over another.  But do make sure that the Firewire drive
you buy has a built-in fan to keep the unit cool over the long haul.
Also, where you prefer the power supply?  As an external power brick?
Or built into the drive enclosure (in which case you definitely need a
built-in fan)?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/