[X4U] Mac OCR

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jul 28 08:40:14 PDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> I just use the
> driver software that came with my scanner to perform scans.

I'm with Randy on that one. Its been a while, but I remember it being a
hassle to do the whole process through OmniPage. IIRC even though my
scanner was supported, the process was a bit flaky -different parts not
always communicating properly. IMO it was faster and easier to use the
software that came with the scanner, save as TIFF and just open those
files in OmniPage. It also allowed me to do both processes at the same
time (OCR on first page while second is being scanned).

-Mike