Mac OS 10.3.4 Scanner and Flash Drive problems

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Jul 28 09:47:56 PDT 2004

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.3.4 from 10.3.3. After the upgrade
my scanner drives no longer registered in Photoshop. I eventually
downloaded Epson 10.3.3 drivers and using Image Ready I was able to
get the TWAIN aplication to respond and scans complete.

I also started having problems with my Flash Drive. I started
receiving "drive is full" messages during drag and drop copy
operations, even though "get info" reported hundreds of megabytes of
disk space available. Disk Utility would not erase the disk giving me
an unmount error. I finally was able to partition the disk but the
same disk full errors occured. The flash drive was in MS_DOS format
for PC compatibility. I eventually partitioned the drive under Jaguar.

Are these known problems? Is 10.3.4 stable?

Is the solution to re-install Panther from scratch and then only
upgrade to 10.3.3?

John F. Richardson