[X4U] Mac OCR

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Jul 28 17:10:18 PDT 2004

Al Grappone said:

>I open PDF file in Reader 6.0.  I select text, copy and when I paste in
>TextEdit  all I get is a blinking cursor. If it is protected where do I
>unprotect? This was created by me.

What are you using to create the PDF?  Mac OS X's built-in print to PDF
capability?  From what application?

As far as I know, OS X by itself can't create protected PDF's.  In fact,
it is a poorly kept secret that if you view a protected PDF in Viewer,
and then print to PDF, that the resulting PDF often is unprotected.  (A
huge security violation.)

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html