[X4U] De-fragmentation (revisited)

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jul 2 12:23:22 PDT 2004

verduron said:

>You do not have any recommendation?

Norton SpeedDisk seems to be the most OS X-savvy.  You can still purchase
it as part of Norton Utilities. Norton Utilities (NU) hasn't been
discontinued.  NU won't be updated for new versions of OS X (e.g. 10.4).
Symantec has said that NU will continue to be updated to remain
compatible with updates to Panther.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20040414111904128

If you don't want to go with a defragmentation utility that may not work
under OS X 10.4 and later (keep in mind that the other choices may not
work under 10.4 either), consider:

INTECH SPEED TOOLS
http://www.intechusa.com/

TECHTOOL PRO
http://www.micromat.com/tt_pro_4/tt_pro_4.html

DRIVE 10
http://www.micromat.com/drive_10/drive_10_introduction.html

I haven't received enough feedback for any of these to make a
recommendation one way or another.  I have TTP, and it works, and I have
noticed no slowdown from using it, but I can't tell you much about it
beyond that.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html