[X4U] Audio recording [Esoteric problem]

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jul 3 11:45:21 PDT 2004

>On Jul 2, 2004, at 3:28 PM, verduron wrote:
>
>>On my G3, having a small processor, it is better to disconnect the
>>Ethernet connection while audio recording in order NOT to get the
>>distortion I suddenly got in the recording.
>
>Ethernet connection causing distortion in an audio recording?  --odd.

Not really, it used to be you were supposed to disconnect your
network connection prior to doing any audio work.  The problem is the
Audio Software, Audio card, networking software and Network card all
fight for system resources.

I use an old PowerMac 8500/180 running Mac OS 8 for audio work and I
have two different system disks that I boot from, one has networking
enabled, the other has it disabled.

		Zane