[X4U] Audio recording [Esoteric problem]

John R McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Sun Jul 4 08:50:22 PDT 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 3:54 PM, verduron wrote:

> The problem: after a while the sound becomes very scratchy and
> distorted.

Do you have all energy saving options disabled, including sleep?

have you looked at this page and tried everything suggested?

<http://www.bias-inc.com/support/faq/cView.php?faq_id=5>

Griffin's site is less helpful. I quote:

> $35!
>
> We’re not trying to be flip here – well, maybe a little bit, but
> there’s a reason. In order for us to develop and supply a $35 audio
> device, it was necessary for that product to be specification
> independent. Because it’s not a professional device (which would
> require exact specs for demanding pros), but rather a consumer device
> that fills a very definite need and price for non-professionals... So
> our engineers made the decision to keep the iMic within certain basic
> parameters and not release a detailed spec sheet... we feel if exact
> specifications are that crucial to your project, you might be better
> served with one of the products costing hundreds of dollars more.

Hmmm... one wonders if they consider consistent, trouble free
performance part of the "consumer spec" for a $35 device.

j mcd

---
John McDaniel      johnmcd at one.net
---