[X4U] Voice recorder for OSX

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jul 4 15:02:54 PDT 2004

silvo conticello said:

>Does anybody know if there are voice recorders OSX compatible?
>e.g. producing file downloadable by the Mac and convertible to aac/mp3
>
>I've the feeling the only ones are the Olympus, but I'd prefere to be
>wrong...

The only company that I know of that has made an effort to specifically
be compatible with the Macintosh for this purpose is Olympus.

MacSpeech even offers a refurbished version of the Olympus recorder:
<http://store.macspeech.com/detail.html?sku=iListen_NEW_DS2000_Transcriptio
n&cart=3297952848117353#refurbed>

You can also attach a microphone to an iPod to the same effect:

<http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMo
re=T7419LL/A>

Of course, as any audiophile will tell you, there are always ways to get
audio into your Mac, but I assume that you are looking to do so in the
most seamless way possible.

You might be interested in the MacVoice discussion list to get more
feedback on this:
http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacVoiceFAQ.html

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html