[X4U] DVD Burner

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Nov 1 02:39:11 PST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 07:28:34PM -0600, Mike Strawn wrote:
:
: I recently purchased a Pioneer DVD-R 105 drive from Other World Computing to
: burn DVD¹s on my G3. My problem is that I¹ve wasted 20 disks with only 2
: successful burns. The drive appears to function properly, but at various
: points in the process I get a ³Sense key error² and the burn fails. I¹m
: running Panther (10.3.5) using XpostFacto on a G3 that has a G4 500 Mhz ZIF
: chip. I¹ve tried using Toast and the Apple burn software at 2x, 1x and 4x
: and nothing works with any consistency. The Apple System Profiler recognizes
: the drive, so that¹s a mystery. I¹ve tried cheap and expensive media.
: Anybody had a similar problem? If so, please help!

The drive may not like your brand of DVD-R media.  Try other brands and
see if the sense key errors stay consistent, decrease, or even disappear.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/