[X4U] How can we compete?

Weatherly, Rob Rob.Weatherly at handleman.com
Tue Nov 2 12:42:42 PST 2004

Well I have to comment on one thing
"3. Games (never underestimate this reason)."

Now don't get me wrong I am a huge Mac support, and slowly changing the
rest of my family and friends)

But when it comes to gaming the Mac does fall short.
What I mean by that is that is not performance its availability
IF a game is released for mac it is usually after PC.
Example I waited months for SimCity4 to be ported to Mac after the PC
release.
I have many friends that are really into this star wars RPG game, but I
can join because there is not a Mac version (no I am not using VPC too
slow)

Unless it is a mainstream game, we do get the short end of the stick
here.

And for this, I have had a challenge getting PC gamers to "switch"

Rob Weatherly
17" iMac 1.0 GHz
OS X 10.3.5