[X4U] Url Links problem

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Nov 4 11:55:28 PST 2004

>On 11/4/04 10:59 AM, Richard <cms01 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>  Well it would appear, that there something not right, with the Mac OS X,
>>  or Road Runner.
>>
>>  I notice a dozen of times, click on web links, opening a browser window,
>>  and having Safari or FireFox, tell me that web site not found,
>>  then reclicking again, and they find it.
>>
>  > is there any bugs with Mac OS X,  That I should know about?

>This issue is currently being covered quite extensively by MacFixit. It's
>highly annoying and it happens to me both at our home on our G5 iMac and at
>work using my G3 iBook.

I'm "glad" to hear that I'm not alone in this problem.  I'm wondering
if this is a DNS issue.  I've been having trouble with it for a
couple months.  To make things really strange it started when I moved
my G5 2x2 a couple feet over on my desk.  I tried messing with the
ethernet cable with no effect.  Then the other day I happened to be
looking in my network settings for some reason and noticed that I'd
entered one of the IP addresses for the DNS servers that I use wrong
(while fixing this I learned there was a third address).

Since going from only one correct DNS address (and one wrong one), to
three DNS servers I've not seen this problem.

I assume that Road Runner at least uses DHCP, for configuring your
network settings, which means you're stuck with the settings that
they give you.  I use manually configured settings on my Mac instead
of DHCP.

			Zane