[X4U] URL Links problem

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 14:43:11 PST 2004

On 11/04/04, Richard <cms01 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Well it would appear, that there something not right, with the Mac OS X,
> or Road Runner.
>
> I notice a dozen of times, click on web links, opening a browser window,
> and having Safari or FireFox, tell me that web site not found,
> then reclicking again, and they find it.
>
> is there any bugs with Mac OS X,  That I should know about?

See the lengthy discussions at
<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20041101075016967>,<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20041102083044472>,
and<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20041104083036323>.

These two tricks seem to work for most:

1. Sys Prefs->Network->Show built-in ethernet->delete the IPv6 address (if
it's there).

2. Get SafariNoTimeout and set it at 600 (default is 300).

These have fixed it for me, so I didn't try the DNS relay trick.