[X4U] 10.3.6 and Firewire hard drives

rbiessener dicb1 at mac.com
Sun Nov 7 12:07:31 PST 2004

On Nov 7, 2004, at 10:17 AM, stephenpassmore at mac.com wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've seen on macfixit.com that after upgrading to 10.3.6., some have
> had problems mounting their Firewire hard drives.  Seems like a repeat
> of the old OS X / Oxford chipset problem.
>
> For those with Firewire HDs that have made the upgrade, what has been
> your experience?  I'm holding off updating my 10.3.5 PB for now...
>
> Best Regards, Stephen

Most often, I have no problems with system upgrades, but this one
caught me.  I find my firewire 120GB SmartDisk operation to be erratic.
  It doesn't show up on the desktop, but mounts in Disk Utility
sometimes, but not all the time.  It works nominally when I boot into a
10.3.5 drive.

I'm still using 10.3.6, with the firewire drive unmounted.  Just
waiting for a solution from Apple.

-- Dick
Forever delight,
Unix residing below,