[X4U] Multiple Users - Panther

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 7 14:19:22 PST 2004

On 11/07/04, Byron Gardner <safetyhomeoffice at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I need some information and details on setting up multiple users in
> Panther. Just got an iMac G5 and trying to set it up for my family.
> Keep getting sporadic dialogs that some application is not available to
> one or the other daughters. I gave them "no limits" setting but they
> are still seeing the "does not have permissions or privileges" dialogs.
> And yes, I repaired permissions.
>
> If anyone knows a good reference source please pass it along.

Check Apple's database search function at <http://search.info.apple.com/>

These deal with account management.

Additionally, Finder->Help-> search on "accounts" brings up a myriad of
topics, including: "Limiting the applications a user can access" and
"Restricting what users can do with the computer," which, if applied
backwards, should fix your problems.