[X4U] 10.3.6 and Firewire hard drives

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sun Nov 7 16:10:46 PST 2004

Tom,

It sounds as though you need to check with MacAlly. Since they aren't
using the Oxford chip set as a bridge, I'd suspect that some sort of
incompatibility exists between their bridge and Apple's implementation
of Firewire drive mounting. It sounds as though people with recent FW
400 and 800 drives using current firmware for the Oxford chipset are
doing OK with 10.3.6.

Norm
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"In democracy its your vote that counts.; In feudalism its your count
that votes."
Mogens Jallberg