[X4U] Finder quits incessantly -- HELP!!!

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Mon Nov 15 06:57:10 PST 2004

Here's an example of the UNIX underpinnings of OS-X at work. Just now the
Finder began quitting repetitively. I can launch applications because I have
a pointer to my "Applications" folder in the Dock. Other applications run
normally, but the Finder just keeps disappearing in the background. If I log
out and log in as another user, that user's Finder runs normally. If I force
power down the Mac and reboot, the Finder keeps quitting once I've logged
back in as myself.

Things I have available that might help:

Macjanitor
Disk Utility
DiskWarrior

Any ideas what I should do at this point? I don't have a good feeling about
this.

This is a PowerMac dual G5 (1st generation dual 1.8) running OS X 10.3.6
with all updates applied.

Jim Robertson
--

Jim Robertson