[X4U] MSN TV-Internet box-OT

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Mon Nov 15 23:27:37 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I just saw a TV ad for a device Microsoft is introducing that can show high
> speed Windows Media video on your television as well as connect to your
> stereo to play internet radio. It comes with a wireless keyboard and remote
> control. What's everybody make of this? Also is there some way to display
> high speed Quicktime/Real player video from a Mac to a TV in a similar way?
> It seems like quite a threat to Apple.
>

> Richard

I haven't read the specs fully, but I think El Gato's EyeHome does
essentially this. It doesn't have the wireless keyboard, but it allows you
to play video from your mac on a TV. Unless I mis-skimmed the web site, I
was actually looking for their other product, the EyeTV which lets one do
TiVo like things with a mac...

Allan