[X4U] iChat strangeness

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Nov 16 21:57:30 PST 2004

Hi all,

Just getting into a bit of iChatting and I was wondering if anyone could
explain the weirdness with my buddies list.

So far I have 3 entries. This morning I had 2 entries (yes, I make friends
fast, eh ;-) and they were both greyed out - meaning they are off-line
right?

I then entered my newest buddy in the list and he too was grey. The only
way I could initiate a convo was to use the "New Chat With Person" option
in the File menu and enter their name. I then had a chat session with the
new buddy - still showing grey in the list.

Then, just after lunch, I saw one of the other buddies was not grey. I
then was able to start a convo by double clicking on the name (from
memory). But the other buddy from earlier was still online and available
for chat but he was still greyed out.

This means I can't initiate an audio chat coz when I click on the phone
icon it does NOTHING.

I'm using an AOL AIM screenname, does that matter?

Cheers,

Cojcolds