[X4U] Hard Disk on the cheap

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Nov 18 05:45:17 PST 2004

The replacements were both on Fujitsu laptops, which the hard drives were a bit noisy to begin with, so it was actually an improvement.  Plus there is now less disk access overall.  But I think I know what you mean about idle, though because the HD in the fujitsus are closer to the bottom, I think some noise is dampened, perhaps.

Al

--- "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user." wrote:
Agree... this 7200RPM Hitachi injected new life into my aging Powerbook G4 667Mhz notebook.  Newegg.com has them for $158 delivered.

Have you found it a bit noisy, though?  On idle the drive hums more than the stock one, but during operation it's definitely quieter.
--- end of quote ---