[X4U] Dying drive: next steps?

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Fri Nov 19 07:29:22 PST 2004

So DiskWarrior tells me that my drive is going to die any minute now. I've
ordered a new one and will do the setup this weekend. Now, to get those apps
and libraries over...

Would it make most sense to:

A) Use a hd clone program to make a duplicate of the dying drive? Or is that
dumb, since if there is corruption it would copy that over as well?

B) Reinstall all of the apps (if I can find the installer disks and serial
keys). Then simply drap -n- drop itunes and iphoto libs over from old to
new? Or would an import of some sort work best?

C) Drag -n- drop the apps themselves? This is not as easy as it was in the
OS 9 days, I'm sure. There are prefs and libraries and all types of
subfolders that could be missed.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jesse