[X4U] "Un-minimize" window from keyboard

Andy Swanson swansoac at uwec.edu
Sun Nov 28 06:55:52 PST 2004

On Nov 28, 2004, at 12:04 AM, Thomas Karns wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2004, at 9:37 PM, Jeff Winchester wrote:
>
>> Am I missing something here? Is there a way to restore (un-minimize)
>> an app from the keyboard?
>
> Control + F1 toggles full keyboard access.  Control + F2, activates
> focus on menus.  Tab or arrow key to the window menu, select
> unminimize the appropriate window from the keyboard.

Although this is true and useful, it is incomplete. The best thing to
do is to go to the System Preferences and take a good look at the
"Keyboard & Mouse" pane. In particular you will find the "Keyboard
Navigation" section useful. By activating "Focus on dock" (^F3), I was
able to navigate to the window I wanted using the arrow keys and select
(unminimize) it using the return key. (Using the keyboard, the dock
wraps, I think it also behaves appropriately depending on where you
have it placed. My dock is on the right hand side of the screen and I
cycle through the icons using the up and down keys. Left and right
produce the menus associated with dock icons. I imagine if your dock is
at the bottom this will reverse so the left and right keys cycle and up
and down give you the menus.) Of course, you will also want to look at
the help for this pane.

    Andy

--
If you don't keep kosher, quoting Leviticus is pure hypocrisy.