[X4U] max number of recipients in Mail

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 29 10:09:05 PST 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 9:50 am, silvo conticello wrote:

> What is the maximum number of recipients in Mail?

I believe the below posting answers your question.

I recently had a customer who had problems sending messages with a
large number of recipients in the BCC entry. Mail gave an error
dialogue upon sending that said her ISP had rejected one of the
recipients as invalid, but failed to say which one. I resolved this by
enabling Postfix on the customer's machine, after which messages with
hundreds of BCCs (it's a mailing list of club-members) went through
flawlessly; I hope you find this useful.

Stroller.