[X4U] Removing OS9

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Nov 30 10:09:30 PST 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 11:04 AM, Robert A. Virzi wrote:

>  However, I can't just throw away the OS9 system folder, and I'm not
> even sure this is the "right" way to do it.
>
> So, If you want to remove all vestiges of OS9 from a machine running
> OSX, how do you go about doing it?

Bob,

are you having a permissions error when you try to delete the OS9
system folder?  That is the "right" way to do it.  That said, the OS9
system is roughly only 200 MB or so, so you're not gaining much.  You
need quite a bit of free HD space for OS X.  I'd suggest buying some
holiday cheer for your computer in the form of a bigger HD.  Ho! Ho!
Ho!

Peter

p.s. If it is a permissions issue, try repairing permissions first.

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3.9 on Mac OS X 10.3.6