[X4U] White text on black

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Oct 3 20:56:12 PDT 2004

Paul Moortgat said:

>Once in 14 days I get white scrolling text on black background when I
>open the lid of my PB 867 with 10.3.5 after sleep.  Then I've to
>restart.
>I've run Drive 10 and DiskWarrior.  Still the same.  I also repaired
>permissions.
>What can be wrong?

Sounds like a kernel panic.

A kernel panic is an OS X error message that appears, telling you that
you need to restart your Macintosh (in several languages).
See:

Though a kernel panic can be caused by a software problem, it is much
more often caused by a hardware problem. Usually bad RAM (usually third
party RAM) or a bad USB hub or USB device.

Have you installed more RAM, or added a USB peripheral, recently?  Remove
them and see if things clear up.

For more info see:

http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html
Item #'s 10 & 11