[X4U] Fonts Which One?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Oct 6 10:59:58 PDT 2004

This is the way I choose to read your message. I insist on choosing the font myself. These 69 year old eyes need a bit of help and I will select a mail client that can ignore anything you decide on.

At 13:14 -0400 10/6/04, Richard wrote:
>To: List X4U <x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>From: Richard <cms01 at tampabay.rr.com>
>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:14:56 -0400
>
><x-flowed>If I choice a font, and make the email a Rich Text,
>and send it out: would the other party received the email
>with the same font, being used to display the text???
>
>OR: would there (sic) email client default there own font?
>OR: again, But isn't Rich Text, HTML like?
>
>i.e Mac sending email to a PC friend.
>
>TKS -
>Rick

Note that your message declares format=flowed but your first paragraph does not wrap properly to the window size.

RTF is a Microsoft format that has become quite complicated typically tripling the size of a message.

Rich Text is an older way of providing a bit of formatting in mail. Not all clients support it.

HTML is for web pages and it encourages dangerous links to web sites.

My filters have discarded 1725 HTML messages since the start of October just because they 1) are not on my white list and 2) have HTML formatting in them.

I recommend ASCII with format=flowed for your politically correct friend. If you really need special formatting "print" to an Adobe pdf file and send that as an attachment or put it on your personal home page where he can download it.

<http://expita.com/nomime.html>

--

-->  Halloween  == Oct 31 == Dec 25 == Christmas  <--