[X4U] Fonts Which One?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Oct 6 13:42:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:09:35PM -0400, Richard wrote:
:
: On Oct 6, 2004, at 2:52 PM, Eugene wrote:
:
: >On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:14:56PM -0400, Richard wrote:
: >:
: >: If I choice a font, and make the email a Rich Text,
: >: and send it out: would the other party received the email
: >: with the same font, being used to display the text???
: >:
: >: OR: would there email client default there own font?
: >: OR: again, But isn't Rich Text, HTML like?
: >:
: >: i.e Mac sending email to a PC friend.
: >
: >RTF files contain a description of what font families it wants for
: >certain parts of text.  It's up to the receiver's app to choose a font
: >that is available on the local system.  For example, you've set a block
: >of text with a proportionally spaced serif font.  Your app choose Times
: >New Roman.  When another person on another computer system opens up
: >your
: >RTF file, the app on that system will choose Times New Roman, or if the
: >font is not available it will choose Palantino or something else.
:
: So, What we need to know,
: is what are the basic fonts, that are support
: on both platforms, Mac and PC

Don't take this wrong, but I think for the purposes of RTF files,
your question is irrelevant.  If you're into graphic design where
you must have the exact font for your content, then you should be
saving everthing as PDFs with embedded fonts.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/