[X4U] Adjustment layers and layer effects converting from RGBtoCMYK [TAN]

Peter Hummers phummers at iname.com
Wed Oct 6 14:07:21 PDT 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 9:31 AM, Nick Scalise wrote:

> My thought would be to convert to CMYK imediately, before any editing
> is started.
>> On Oct 5, 2004, at 7:59 PM, Brett Conlon wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> We've been receiving more and more layered Photoshop files that were
>>> constructed in RGB and contain adjustment layers (usually at the top)
>>> and layer effects that when the designers convert the file from RGB
>>> CMYK, desiring to still keep the file in its layers for job
>>> adjustments, they get discarded or react completely different in the
>>> new colour space. This causes the image to become a complete disaster

We convert the elements to CMYK (and the target resolution) first; then
it's easier to control the colors of layers and elements. While the job
is live I hold on to the layered (CMYK) Photoshop doc to edit and
export eps's for approval and/or publication (newspaper).

-Peter Hummers
==
[X]
|=|__o  //Sent from Macintosh OS X//