[X4U] Converting wmv to QT files

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Oct 7 12:07:05 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:00:01PM -0400, Richard Gilmore wrote:
:
: David Crandon wrote:
: >
: > Is there an easy way to convert MS .wmv movies to QT files? I hate that
: > MS's Windows Media Player doesn't have anyway to fastforward or rewind.
: > And I'd rather not use VLC or MS Player as they are pretty clunky as
: > well.
:
: The only thing I know of is Cleaner. Works well but is pricey.

A word of warning: because of differences between codecs, there's a good
chance that the converted video will be several times larger than the
original source.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/