[X4U] New iMac Arrives - pics

Tom Miller tmiller4 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 8 04:02:30 PDT 2004

On 10/7/04, at 11:10 PM, Steve Self, <steveself at mac.com> said:

>BUt its done and is
>just as quiet as the Cube was, with its little fan on the video card.

Hmmm, never had a Cube, but my 20 incher is quiet for the first hour, but
after that the temperature climbs and I can definitely hear the fans. The
noise is not obtrusive, but it's a bit louder than I expected. More hot
air out of right side. My wife lamp iMac is quieter.
I am using Hardware Monitor (not yet fine-tuned for this model) and it
shows a high of 143.6° F and doesn't go higher. Once, during the first
week, the fans really roared once, but I can't remember the reason.