[X4U] The wonderful Mail program

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Mon Oct 11 08:17:19 PDT 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 6:28 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> For the eleventh-thirtyst time all my mails in the "In" folder are
> suddenly marked as unread and all mails with a flag are un-flagged.
> Have more of you this phenomena?

This has happened to me a time or two.   And I think I know why it did.
I believe it's due to the fact that i have an IMAP account.    Mail had
loaded up a list of messages and showed them to be unread.

I go through them, read them,   maybe delete some of them etc..

then I go to do something else...  check back in my email program, and
there's these emails,  either still showing to be "unread" or after I
had deleted them, they are still there..  and I believe this is because
I had lost my Internet Connection.    and Mail was unable to "update"
my mail on the mail server.      I had to re-establish my connection,
then all was well.

Kansas