[X4U] Re-partitioning

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Oct 13 09:22:41 PDT 2004

Hi all

I've partitioned a hard drive in two with OSX on one and OS9 on the other
but what I did was make the OS9 part about 900 M and the OSX part about 90
G. I didn't think at the time that I would be using OS9 much but as it turns
out I am. The problem is scanning with Photoshop and an Epson scanner in OS9
it uses the free hard drive space as a cache for the scanned image before it
brings it into Photoshop. Because I have so little free space on that
partition it won't let me scan very large images. There's about 25 M free on
the OS9 part. I have all the OS9 apps on the OSX partition and everything
else. I've absolutely moved everything out that could be moved. I've tried
and there is no way to make the Epson scanner use the free space on the OSX
partition as a cache. It has to be on the partition with the OS9 system
folder on it. So does anybody know if there is a way to resize the partition
without erasing and reformatting the whole drive? Which is something I don't
want to do if I can help it.

Thanx

Richard