[X4U] [OT] iPod question

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 13 12:10:27 PDT 2004

On 10/13/04 9:01 PM, "Greg Chapel" <gchapel at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I believe that you can transfer via the terminal program in OSX. You just
> have to create the proper directory tree on the ipod and transfer the mp3
> manually. It is not intuitive but it isn't difficult either.

No, you can't. You'd need to change the actual database on the iPod, which
you cannot do. You can put files on the iPod of course, but you can't play
them back unless iTunes adds them to the database.

Kirk

                Co-author of: Take Control of Panther Vol. 1
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France