[X4U] MS Office 2004 Feedback

Phillip Zannini • phillip at globalsync.net
Sat Oct 16 13:23:44 PDT 2004

On 10/15/04 5:42 PM, "Stephen Lanza" <slanza at swcomplement.com> wrote:

> I am thinking about ordering Microsoft Office 2004 and was interested in
> feedback from those who are using it. I remember some comments some time
> back that it was slow and had other problems.
>
> Is it worth using now? Thanks.
>
> Stephen Lanza
> Software Complement

Just got it Wednesday.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  Good added little
functionality.

E'rage
Better consistency with which fonts are used in E'rage, like the ability to
see when the e-mail was received.  I like the fact that I have to choose to
download the pics personally, but I had wondered if there was a default.
Love the little pop up in the lower right hand corner of the screen, like
the junk mail (used in conjunction with SpamSieve I get next to nothing in
my inbox).  I still wish they would allow for custom color defaults to be
set for sent messages and I'd like to be able to customize the toolbar and
customize what the messages are that pop up as the result of a rule.

Word
Love it.  Jury is still out on the translucent toolboxes.  It is handy to
see past them, but it is counterintuitive when you want to look over at the
toolbox for something and you can't see it clearly without mouse over.  The
new track changes features are really cool - but they slow down the
scrolling to a CRAWL.

PowerPoint
Like the new palates - wish I could get them to close by default and only
open when I want them.

Excel
Haven't used it enough to notice yet.

Over all it seems a bit smoother.  It still isn't Outlook, but it's getting
better.

Peace out!
Phillip

Phillip (MacPhilly) Zannini
http://www.macphilly.com
What¹s the easiest computer to use?  Mac!  Why?
Find out!  Get your free chapters of ³A Mac Eye for the Windows Guy ©²

1ghz G4 TiBook, 1 gig memory, SuperDrive, Panther (10.3)
e-mail: phillip at globalsync.net
AIM, iChat:  PalmMagnate, MSN: PalmMagnate at hotmail.com