[X4U] Mail.app

Pete Zimowski petez at mac.com
Tue Oct 19 20:53:25 PDT 2004

>> All I can say is that I noticed Mail wouldn't delete my mail off our
>> pop
>> server even if I checked off the box to tell it to do so. I switched
>> Entourage and it works fine so that's how I solved the problem. I
>> can't
>> offer any other advice though unfortunately. I'm not a fan of MS but
>> I don't
>> like the Apple mail client too much compared to Entourage.

Hi all.  $.02 on Mail.app......

I go along for long periods of time, with Mail deleting mail from the
.Mac server just fine.  Then, every once in awhile, I check my .Mac
email via a browser, and discover email in my InBox on the .Mac server
that I read through Mail.app a week earlier.  I don't have any
scientific data to back this up, but I know it has happened.  It's
sporadic.  I haven't noticed Mail.app leaving email on my other mail
servers, but I don't ever check up on it like I can with .Mac.

I have found that Mail is catching at least 75% of the spam I receive
through my .Mac account and depositing it into my Junk box.  It's the
least effective with spam that has no Subject - I even get some with no
Subject and nothing in the Body either.  I am very diligent in
assigning spam to the Junk box when it slips into my InBox.

I have also found Mail to be exceptionally stable.

Just some thoughts.  Thanks for listening.

Pete